In the words of Toby Keith: " I want to talk about me, I wanna talk about I, I wanna talk about number 1, oh my me my, what I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see. I like talking about you you you you usually, but occasionally, I wanna talk about meeeeeee (me, me, me, me, me - background singers) I wanna talk about me eee eee!"
My friend and very accomplished award winning APLD designer, Susan Cohan (also from NJ) has nominated me for a MeMe award. Awww shucks... a chance to tell you 7 things about me that you may not know... and link to 7 of my favorite sites and tell you what has me so intrigued about them. To quote Miss Sally Field, " you like me... you really like me" All about the MeMe!
There are a few simple Meme rules:
- Link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Reveal seven things about yourself.
- Choose seven other blogs to nominate, and post a link to them.
- Let each of your choices know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
- And finally, let the tagger know, when your post is up!
Here goes about me:
1. I am very impressionable: can't watch anything about children dying, violence, animals without having a nightmare!
2 . I can't stand raw onions on anything! My roomates in college would threaten me if I didn't stay up and play cards with them, that the next day raw onions would be spread in my bed.
3. My favorite flower is Cleome. Mostly because of the spidery appearance, but also because once , when I lived in Virginia the cops thought I was growing pot! Still makes me giggle!
4. I suffer from the Scarlet O'Hara syndrome of "I'll think about that another day." When it comes to trying not to get over anxious about being able to complete a big project or design, I know that somehow, it gets done. I try not to think too hard about the process. I make tons of lists! Its my saving grace!
5. I don't tell anyone that my favorite singer is George Michael.
6. I can touch my tongue to the tip of my nose. Though I wish I could tie that cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.
7. My closets and basement are a mess. I have everything neat where people can see it... but "NOOOooooo... don't open that door!"
Here’s the 7 new Meme nominees…and my reasons for nomination. Drumroll please....
1. Miss Rumphius' Rules - Susan Cohan is a fabulous landscape designer with mad skills. You have no idea how in awe I am of her talent. Thanks for the MeMe!
2. Mrs. Blandings - Patricia is the queen of stylish living, antiques and design. I love her blog and love her posts.
3. Soodie Beasley- not only is she a property appraiser, but her drawings are adorable, especially of her darling West Highland Terriers. Reading her posts are like a really fun art history lesson!
4. Blue Hydrangea - She is just a sweetheart! I think we are kindred blogsters in different fields. Her inside and me outside. I love her sense of color and style. Her blog is like reading one of my favorite design magazines!
5. BG Garden - Brenda's plant and garden photography is beautiful. We are from different zones (smile), but we do the same rain dance! Warning: she gardens and cooks - her blog makes me hungry!
6. Sea & Jae - She has the best gift ideas of ANYONE I have ever known. The woman is genius! Every time I try and imitate her with my her unique gift giving abilities ... which I let people think was my idea... I look like a gift giving goddess!
7. Emily Claire Creates - Gotta give props to my other Jersey Girl! Every bone in her body is creative! Love love love her blog!
Disclaimer: I could have listed about 10 more blogs... some I knew were nominated by others and didn't need any more kudos and some that I really wish I had the chance to mention and you know who you are. I will make up for it with lots more comments and trackbacks I promise!